SIB GALA 2019 – LETS GET WILD
22 November @ 21:30
On Friday the 22nd of November we invite you to the SIB annual Gala in the hidden jungle of Amsterdam, where we escape the cold nights of autumn to surround ourselves with the marvels of the tropics. Dress up in your most luxurious attire and bring your sunny vibes to the most exciting event of the year!
Theme: Jungle Chic (Let forest green, fancy golden or tropical red colours guide you through this adventure)
Dress code: Black tie
Location: The Commons Restaurant Amsterdam City – Wibautstraat 131, 1091 GL
Dinner starts: 19:00
Price: €25 (3 course meal incl.drink)
Location: Jungle Amsterdam – Tweede van Swindenstraat 26, 1093 VS
Doors open: 21:30
Price: €33 for members & €35 for non-members (incl. unlimited drinks and snacks)
Ticket sale: https://forms.gle/RcXY4t2z3u2t595r5. . The quickest and the fiercest lions in the jungle win
If you want to stay updated about the event, you can visit the Facebook site
We are looking forward to seeing you all soon! 🎉
SIB-Amsterdam Gala Committee
Frequently asked questions
1. Can anyone buy a ticket?
No, only members of the association. Non-members can participate in the event only if they are invited by the member as a +1
2. If I am not a member, how can I participate in the Gala?
- You can be invited by a member to be their +1.
- You can become a member of the association (visit our website for more details).
3. How do I pay for the ticket?
When you fill in the registration form, in the end you agree that we will withdraw the money from your bank account automatically. In this case, you do not have to worry about anything else.
4. How is it possible to reach jungle?
If you are biking from Amsterdam Centraal- it will be approximately 12 minute ride. If you want to use public transport- just take tram 14 until Alexanderplein or take the train to Amsterdam Muiderpoort. Jungle will be a 10 minute walk from there. For your convenience check google maps on the spot.
5. How is it possible to reach The Commons?
The Commons can be reached easily from Amsterdam Centraal in 12 minutes by bike or just take metro 51, 53 or 54 till Wibautstraat. It will be just in front of the metro station.
6. What will be the menu options for the dinner?
We will offer you both regular and vegetarian options. Be sure to note your allergies in the registration form!
7. Do you have any sleeping places?
If you need to spend the night in Amsterdam- contact email@example.com and we will try our best to find you a housemate for the night.
8. Will there be any visits to the cities to ask questions?
Yes! We will be visiting:
- Utrecht on 8th of October
- Leiden on 16th of October
- Groningen on 14thof October and will join you during your local events.
9. Do you have an early-bird tickets?
No, there are only regular tickets for members and non-members.
10. Is there a door-sales?
No, there is no door-sale so make sure to get your ticket on time!
11. Is it possible to bring own drinks or food
It is strictly forbidden to bring your own drinks or food to the Jungle. But why would you? Drinks and snacks are included all night long!
12. What should I wear?
The dress code is black tie. So wear either a fancy suit (with bow tie) or a fancy dress. High heels and accessories are recommended for women. You can find more information on the black tie dress code on Google. We will show some examples in the Facebook event.
The theme of the gala is ‘Jungle Chic’, and we chose a colour palette with the colours forest green, golden and red. So feel free to dress accordingly by matching the colours and/or wearing tropical but luxe accessories (e.g. a corsage with tropical flowers, golden earrings in the shape of leaves etc.). We kindly ask you to keep your tarzan costume at home.
13. How many people can I take with me that are not from SIB?\
If you are a member of SIB you can take only one +1. If you are a non-member be sure to be invited by a member from inside our organisation.
14. How old do I have to be to attend this event?
If you are underage you can still come but you cannot get alcoholic drinks at the bar. We serve alcoholic drinks to everyone from 18 and above and also have non-alcoholic options. Please bring your ID, so that we can give you the right wristband for drinks.
15. Is a refund possible?
Unfortunately, no refunds will be done after you already bought a ticket and this is also mentioned in the registration form.
16. What are the prices?
- Before the event, you’re welcome to join us at the Commons Restaurant Amsterdam City for a three-course meal (incl. a drink) before the Gala starts.The price for it is €25 per person. During your registration you are able to choose whether you want to attend the dinner or not.
- The price of the ticket only for the event is €33 for members and €35 for non-members including drinks and snacks. 🍻
17. Can I re-sell my ticket if I cannot come?
No, it is not possible to re-sell your ticket as they are personalised and your name is already registered. Only in extreme & exceptional cases the change of the name may be granted which will be up to the Gala committee to decide.
If you have more questions, please don’t hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org 😊